- Fist is still weak, wrists are stronger, hands are always the first thing to get tired on the river. I feel a tingley ache in my hands instead of a throbbing ache, it's always there. The pool noodle helps a lot, and I still paddle with my hands open as much as I can. I sleep with my hands open against my legs to make sure they get some relief from a gripping position. My middle left finger (the one that was sprained) clicks sometimes.
- Small bruises on my legs. Getting darker but smaller.
- Elbows hurt to bend and also to straighten.
- My lower back and intercostal muscles felt like they were just about ready to give out one day, and my left shoulder clicked one day this week, but only that one day. In general, my back and shoulders feel (finally) like I've exercised hard the day before, as opposed to like I'm trying to rip them from their insertion points. I'm getting stronger!
- Ankles and feet sore (from using the rudder pedals), but not as bad as last week.
- Hemangioma still a nuisance.
- Bug bites number in the hundreds. Would not be surprised if it were over a thousand. But I'm seeing fewer mosquitos every day. And the number of scabs I have from bug bites are much fewer.
- Whatever that rash was on my inner thigh, it only lasted a couple days and never itched.
- Tan lines getting funnier.
- Left hip bursitis=annoying and painful.
- But again, I’m happy and feel super strong mentally. Glad I'm resting whenever I feel like I need it. Starting to realize I need to eat more food at night. Rest and digest!
Health Check: Week 3
7/19/2015 07:42:47 am
Thanks for the update! Been thinking about you. Keep up all the awesome and stay safe. <3
12/19/2015 01:34:13 am
My middle left finger (the one that was sprained) clicks sometimes.
Leave a Reply.
Alyssum Pohl is paddling the Mississippi River and documenting water quality and plastic waste along the way.